Nikon has released Capture NX 2, the new version of its image editing and RAW (NEF in Nikon) conversion software.
Some of the main news are:
- support for two monitors, typically one for browsing and the other for full view of an image (see here what Adobe just did on Lightroom);
- workspaces (layouts) are introduced, with four ones builtin;
- improvements in usability of the browser (e.g. Favourite folders are introduced) and of the fix and adjust tools (contrast, saturation, protection of highlights and shadows, etc.);
- one-click retouch tool for removing spots
- filters based on user-defined tags/labels, file attributes, ratings and file types.
Improvements are fine, but it seems as the time required when images need individual correction is still too long with compared to equivalent RAW processors (ACR in Photoshop, DPP for Canon).
Nikon Capture NX 2 is available officially at Nikon site here.