News from the photo world focused on amateur/enthusiast and professionals.
Sony has updated the firmware for Sony A6300 to version 1.10. Officially the changes are:
Improves overall stability and operability of the camera
Improves stability in picture shooting mode by optimizing temperature control (effects vary according to temperature).
so there is no direct mention to the overheating issue that affects this wonderful camera when shooting video (and, more rarely, when shooting stills), though there is a vague point to overall operability and surely some improvement has been done on overheating when shooting stills.
Adobe has updated Lightroom to version 6.6. For the Creative Cloud users (monthly subscriber) there are 3 new features:
- Guided Upright tool: draw 2 or 4 lines on the image to indicate vertical/horizontal or vertical+horizontal (4 lines) lines in the image and LR will straighten it to minimize the keystone effect (perspective). It is available in the Transform Panel but first activates after having activated Lens correction. A video shows how it works (see below in the article).
- Pending Sync Activity section: in Preferences - Lightroom mobile tab, it show sync activity to detect any sync errors.
- Deleting synced data is now done from the web interface to avoid that you can accidentally remove them.
The Nik Collection of plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and for Apple Aperture, bought by Google in late 2012, are now offered for free.
The plugins are the following ones:
- Analog Efex Pro: simulation of analog films.
- Color Efex Pro: various color filters.
- Silver Efex Pro: black and white treatments.
- Viveza: colors/contast enhancements.
- HDR Efex Pro: high dynamic range images treatments.
- Sharpener Pro: advanced sharpening.
- Dfine: noise reduction.
Today Adobe has released Lightroom 6.5, news are:
- a new features: when merging multiple photos into a panorama, dust spot removal set to one photo is automatically applied to the other photos;
- boundary warping in panorama merge has been improved;
- additional cameras support - among them the new Nikon D5, Nikon D500, Canon 80D, Canon 1DX Mark II, Sony A6300 (full list is available at this link);
- additional support for many lenses (full list available at this link).
Now the most important fixes:
DJI has announced the new version of its popular camera drone: the Phantom 4.
Flight duration has been increased to 28 minutes, distance to 5 Km and automatic obstacle avoidance and subject tracking have been added, even better opportunities for aerial shots!
Here a promotional video
Sigma has announced an adapter for Sigma lenses to be mounted on Sony E-mount cameras: the MC-11. The good thing is that both the autofocus and stabilization of the lens are supported.
The adapter transmits the EXIF data of the lens.
We will see if it is a good alternative to Metabones adapter.
Full Sigma announcement is available at this link.